Saturday, September 16, 2017

How safe schools are?

This article is regarding the present situation which is prevailing in the schools, where pupils are dying mysteriously.


It was at 19:13 hours I received a call from my mechanic friend. Picking the phone I was thinking that why is he calling at this hour, usually he doesn’t call knowing that I would have just reached home from work. Receiving the call, I heard, “I won’t go for postmortem…!” (Was just what I heard from the other side)
Instantly I replied, “Whose postmortem?”
“They say that they will do the postmortem of Riaz…”
“Have you gone crazy!” I responded
“Talk to DCP (Deputy Commissioner of Police) regarding this”, and the next voice was of a person not known to me.
With his introduction the person on the other side said, “Riaz, (my friend’s youngest son died in school in mysterious circumstances…!”
I enquired where you are and rushed for it.
On reaching hospital I came to know that 8 years old Riaz was brought dead. Along with the police team I went to the school which was just across the road. The teachers and other school staff were present though it was around 8 in the evening. Riaz was studying in evening shift of Kendriya Vidhalaya School. I was told that while going to start for home Riaz sat on the stair, and was carried to medical room in the school and then rushed to hospital across the road, where he was declared brought dead. I am still wondering what would have had happened, as the forensic postmortem report would take about three months. (This incident is real which happened in Delhi in the month of August 2017 with me.)
Police had taken all the pains to unearth any foul play, in this case, results are still awaited.
Here what is important that such incidents are on a rise not only in and around Delhi-NCR but all over the country?

What made me to write this blog post is that I came across a news item of Hindustan Times which stated that a six years old girl was tied to the table and gang-raped in a school in Rajasthan. How can this happen, but if the pupils are dying in school premises then anything is possible.
I have always believed in the saying: 
School is a place where tomorrow lives!
But in the present times, this saying is diluting slowly. Parents are paying heavy fees to the schools just believing that their tomorrow would be brighter if their children get good education. Even the schools promise the same. Then whose is responsible for the mysterious deaths of these children. The schools don’t have CCTVs installed, responsibility is now part of irresponsibility.
When our children are not performing good in academics the school says that the parents should see that are their children studying at home or not. It is not the whole sole responsibility of the schools.
If so, when the kid dies in school premises then who is responsible, the parents or the school?
But, this is only an argument, as we all know cases in the courts are test of patience. Why not the government passes a law that if there is any such case, the judiciary would take only a week’s time to announce judgement.

What moral education school would provide if morally they can’t take responsibility for the security of our children?

No comments:

Post a Comment